Monday, July 21, 2014

Its Been Awhile....

Alright, since I've started a new job (no, not in the industry) I haven't had much time to work on stuff, or motivation. :(  I've realized that I've fallen into the artist's trap of starting a project, being really excited about it, then get about halfway through it, and abandon it. This is usually due to starting another, more exciting project, well at least I think at the time. Well, this is getting me nowhere when it comes to polishing a good portfolio. So I have looked at some older projects that are sitting on my computer and have decided to pick a few that I feel have potential to be good portfolio piece and finish the damn thing! So here is the first project that I have decided to finish and get in engine. I love sports, I love sports games, I have actually thought this would be a good industry niche to get into, but haven't explored or finished anything yet to show off. I'm making a promise to myself that I will only post pics of this until its finished, hopefully it will get me motivated to finish it. My family loves the Utah Grizzlies and hockey so here is the Maverik center in West Valley, Utah. I have a lot of good memories in this arena, and have spent many winter nights in that spot on the image. Plus I'm hoping our 2026 bid on the Winter Olympics actually goes through, its a long shot but it'd be nice to see Olympic hockey back in this arena.



Hopefully I can get the arena looking like this, minus the crowd. NHL 15


Of course I picked "The Joe" as an example!

No comments:

Post a Comment